|Job Title||Swim Instructor
|Beginning Salary||$13 per hour
|Description||Candidates must be 16 years of age. Swim Instructor certification and experience with the 1– 2 years swimming lessons instruction is desirable.
Previous experience in teaching different age groups and abilities is required. Instructors should be familiar with course materials and know how to use them effectively.
Instructors should observe and enforce all rules and regulations. Instructors should also prevent injuries and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations. Instructors should have positive public relation skills with patrons, public and other staff members. Communication with parents to give daily reports is important. Instructors should also be able to:
1. Create a non-threatening environment.
2. Encourage all participants to meet all course objectives.
3. Adapt teaching skills to the experience, ability and culture of participants so they can meet the course objectives.
4. Organize the group environments to enhance the group and performance of the participants.
5. Cover all materials required in the course by the swim lesson.
Attend all in-service training programs and be aware of all facility programs and scheduling.
Other duties include issuing course completion certificates to successful participants and submitting completed course records and reports to the Aquatics Director. Additional duties may be required as assigned by the supervisory staff members.
This is a permanent, part-time position. Hours will include weekday and weekend commitments, as well as early morning, evening, and holiday hours.