|Stephanie Tolbert||MV Valuation Specialist|
|Sherry Setzer||Business Property Appraiser|
The functions of the Tax Listing Department are:
- To mail listing forms and price the personal property listed by taxpayers.
- To initiate and/or maintain information for billing on special use properties such as farm use properties, properties subject to the elderly and disabled and exempt or excluded properties.
- To answer general inquiries by phone and over-the-counter about individual accounts, deadlines, etc.
Important dates and information for the Listing Department are:
- Listing forms are mailed the first week in January of each year, and the regular listing period goes through the last working day of January.
- Property to be listed includes: untagged motor vehicles, real estate improvements and business personal property.
- A $25,000 reduction in the value of the home place is available to taxpayers whose income from all sources does not exceed $25,000, who are 65 or older or who are permanently and totally disabled. Application must be made by June 1 effective January 1, 2008.
- Applications for farm use or exempt status must be made by January 31.