- Parks and Recreation
- About Parks and Recreation
- Public River Access
- Senior Games
- Special Olympics
- Contact Us
The Watauga County Parks and Recreation Department offers over 50 different fitness group fitness options each week, individualized training in a group setting, and one-on-one or small group personal training.
Our fitness classes include but are not limited to:
· Functional Fitness
· Spin Class
· Strength Training
· Water Aerobics
· Dance Fitness
· Tai Chi
· Speed and Agility
Members of the Watauga Community Recreation Center can also take advantage of our state-of-the-art weight room, indoor track and lap pool. The bulk of our group fitness classes are free to WCRC members but some group classes that focus on personalized programming and growth do require a registration fee.
Age Requirements for the WCRC:
· Gymnasiums and Walking Track: 12 and older unless accompanied by an adult
· Water and Group Fitness Classes: 16 and over, no exceptions
· Fitness Equipment: 12 and under not allow. 13-17 allowed ONLY after completing a fitness assessment
· Swimming Pools: 13 and older unless accompanied by an adult.